Terms and Conditions
These Online Terms & Conditions were last updated on 3rd of August 2023.
This Travel Money Online service is provided by The Change Group Helsinki Oy and is only available to residents of Finland who hold a bank account in Finland.
These terms and conditions explain how the service works, our obligations to you and your obligations to us.
Within these terms and conditions:
- Online means access to the services through our online shop at fi.changegroup.com
- Personal Information is the information that we collect when we provide you with the service including any application form, correspondence, e-mails, and telephone calls, through the internet and the payment option.
- Provision of Services means those services set out below.
- Site means the internet site through which you have accessed the service.
- We, us, our means The Change Group Helsinki OY
- Working day means Monday to Friday excluding bank and public holidays.
- You, your, customer means the purchaser of any foreign banknotes. By clicking on "Place order now" you acknowledge that you have read and understood within The Change Group Helsinki OY these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
1. Name of Provider
The Change Group Helsinki OY hereafter referred to as "ChangeGroup", "us", "we", "our" or "company".
The Change Group Helsinki OY
Company registration number: 0954134–8
2. Provision of Services
This service is being provided only to individuals who are aged 18 years or over and resident of Finland. This service should only be used by the registered bank account holder making payment for ordering foreign currency online and should not be used by any third party. This service shall not be used for any illegal, fraudulent, speculative or investment purposes.
ChangeGroup uses Checkout Finland Oy as a third-party payment service provider for online purchases on our website fi.changegroup.com.
Checkout Finland Oy
Eteläpuisto 2 C
Company registration number: 2196606-6
By using this service, you hereby confirm the following:
- You are 18 years or older, on the date of the transaction.
- You are a resident of Finland.
- You will only use this service for purchasing foreign currency on your behalf for holiday or business travel.
- You have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
- You also warrant that all the information provided by you is true and accurate in all respects.
- You will not withhold any material information from us or seek to mislead us.
- You also agree to provide us with any other information and to co-operate fully with us in the event of fraud.
- You will comply with all Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- You are the bank account holder of the account used for making payment.
- The transaction is for genuine and bonafede purposes only and is not in contravention of any laws.
4. Opening a ChangeGroup Account
Each person is only entitled to open one account and we reserve the right to close the account of any customer who has opened multiple accounts in his or her own name.
Your password should not be disclosed to any third party or to ChangeGroup. The customer is solely responsible for the security of their username and password. Every person who identifies themselves by entering the correct login email and password is assumed by us to be the rightful account holder/customer and all transactions where the login and password have been entered correctly will be regarded as valid.
5. Anti-Money Laundering
The Change Group Helsinki Oy is registered as a company in Finland with registration number 0954134–8.
We are a regulated Bureau de Change and "Foreign Exchange Dealer" under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and monitored and regulated by Tulli Customs & Police to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. Any suspicious transactions will be reported to Tulli Customs & Police (rikospoliisi). ChangeGroup will monitor all suspicious or unusual transactions regardless of size. ChangeGroup also reserves the right to request more information from the customer at any time. The Change Group Helsinki Oy is committed to helping prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. We have strict policies and procedures in place to identify its customers and to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
The procedures include:
- Verifying that the customer is who they claim to be by means of identification documentation or by electronic means.
- Monitoring and reviewing customer accounts and transactions.
- Reporting suspicious transactions, false identification documents or personal details.
- Retaining customer data for 5 years after the business relationship ends.
- Training staff on our Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing policies and requirements.
- We will comply with all Anti Money Laundering regulations and will disclose to the relevant authorities details of any suspicious transactions without prior notice to the customers.
6. Using our Service
- The service is provided by The Change Group Helsinki Oy
- Orders placed are subject to a minimum of 200,00€ per order.
- This service may only be used by an individual four times within any 30-day period and, even then, the combined orders must not exceed 10 000,00€. We reserve the right to alter, at our discretion, the minimum and maximum order values at any time without liability.
- Checkout Finland Oy will verify, authorize and release payment to our bank account for the amount detailed within your order summary. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made.
- We reserve the right to decline, reject or cancel any order, if the payment is not authorized. You will be notified accordingly.
- Payment will only be accepted in Euros.
- The rate of exchange applied on the site is calculated to four decimals places and will be rounded up to the nearest cent.
- There are some limitations on the denominations of the notes that we can supply, and we will quote for the nearest available amount to your request.
- You can correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on your chosen "bank icon" located on the payment details screen. By clicking on your chosen "bank icon" you agree to The Change Group Helsinki Oy terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to request more information from you, at any time, to enable us to process and fulfill the order while complying with regulatory requirements.
- We only sell foreign currency banknotes that are displayed on our website.
- If your preferred currency is not available please contact our customer service via email at email@example.com
7. Placing an Order
When placing your order please follow the instructions on the screen. You will be given the option of choosing to collect your order from one of our designated branches or for it to be delivered to your local participating Post Office.
ChangeGroup Branch Collection
If you choose to collect your order from one of our designated branches it will only become available for pick up 2 days after the order has been placed (the order needs to be placed before 14:00 o’clock). To collect orders on the weekend your order must be placed latest before 14:00 o’clock on Thursday.
When collecting your order please be sure to provide the following:
- The order acknowledgment confirmation
- You’re valid Passport, Finnish Drivers License or identity card with a picture. Please remember that the name on the bank account to make the purchase must match that on the identification document(s) used.
- Collection is subject to the opening times of the designated collection branch (details will be notified to you at the time of the order and can also be found on our website).
If you fail to collect your currency order, it will only be held for 48 hours, after which, it will be converted back into Euros at the exchange rate, at that time, according to the procedures outlined for cancellation and refunds in Section 14 below.
Insured Postal Delivery
If you choose for your order to be delivered to your local Post Office a flat fee of 12,90 € will be applied and displayed in the order summary. This allows you to order in excess of 500,00 € knowing that any incremental postal fees are covered by ChangeGroup.
- All our currency postal deliveries are covered against loss, theft and damage.
- Your order will be sent by Posti Mail Delivery and is subject to Posti’s delivery conditions (a copy of which is available from Posti’s website, posti.fi, unless we advise you otherwise).
We may not be able to guarantee time or deliveries to certain remote places within Finland.
When a postal order is requested, ChangeGroup will require you to provide further information regarding your ID, in order to comply with regulations.
Deliveries will only be made to the account holders nearest local participating post office.
- A postage fee of 12,90€ will be levied to all postal delivery orders.
- ChangeGroup will accept no liability if the address you have entered is incorrect.
- When your currency arrives at the post office a notification of arrival will be sent out to you by the post office.
- When collecting your money from a local Post Office - you will be expected to provide appropriate proof of identification before your order is released. We recommend you take your valid passport, driving license or identity card with a picture.
- If, we have any grounds for suspecting that this service is being used to facilitate fraudulent activity, we reserve the right to cancel and/or intercept the delivery of any order. By using this service, you consent to our right to do so.
- To ensure your currency is delivered on time, we recommend that you place your order a week before the date it is required.
Please find below the dispatch schedule we aim to achieve:
Order Placed Order Dispatched
Monday – Thursday After one working day
Friday and Sunday On the next working day
Once payment has been confirmed your order will be dispatched (then the schedule above will apply).
Please Note: A “working day” means Monday to Friday (9am-5pm) excluding bank and public holidays (and to avoid any confusion, there are no deliveries on Sundays or public holidays). Where Monday is a bank holiday your order will be dispatched on the Tuesday.
- We will not be liable for any losses or expenses incurred due to late delivery or non-delivery. Please note, it is your responsibility to go to your local participating post office and accept and sign for your currency order.
- We will not accept any liability for fraudulent acts committed by a third party.
- Customers must refuse to accept any damaged packages delivered by Posti. We will not accept any responsibility for damaged packages.
- Posti tries to deliver on a ‘next working day’ basis as far as possible.
- If you experience any problems with your order, please send an email to our customer service
- If you do not collect your foreign currency for any reason from your local participating Post office, the foreign currency will be returned to us, whereupon we will issue you with a refund. The amount refunded to your bank account will be calculated at the exchange rates applicable at the time we process your refund. We reserve the right to deduct a handling charge from any refund, see Section 15 for details.
8. Payment for your Order
ChangeGroup uses Checkout Finland Oy as a third-party payment service provider for online purchases on our website fi.changegroup.com. From the moment you click your banks icon, you will be redirected via Checkout Finland Oy for payment.
- Currently the following Finnish banks and cards (issued in Finland) are accepted: OP bank, Nordea, Handelsbanken, POP Pankki, Aktia, Säästöpankki, omaSp, S-Pankki, Ålandsbanken, Visa, Visa Electron and Mastercard.
- Once you have agreed and payment is confirmed, Checkout Finland Oy will re-direct you back to our website.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your order and payment. The confirmation will also contain the pickup branch and date as chosen by you, if you chose to pick it up.
- A contract will only become active when a confirmation email from ChangeGroup is received. Please print a copy of this email or the confirmation screen for your records. If you haven’t received an email confirmation, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Confirmation of your Order
- When you order online, we recommend that you print off a copy of the order form. This will contain details of your order number and confirmation of the purchase you have made.
- You will also receive an email acknowledgement of the order.
- We will also include an order confirmation with your delivery.
- The charges for delivering your order will appear in your shopping cart and order summary.
- The total sum payable by you will be shown in your shopping cart or order summary.
- There are no hidden charges; everything will be shown in your shopping cart or order summary.
11. Free Travel Money Refunds Service for Holiday Cancellations
The Change Group Helsinki Oy offers a free refund service on currency purchased for holidays and flights which are subsequently cancelled.
We will refund the full amount paid for your currency online, if your holiday or flight is cancelled. You will need to return your currency with your original order summary with evidence of cancellation and we will buy it back at the rate at which you purchased it.
Option 1: If you have collected your currency:
You can use our "Travel Money Refunds" service by contacting us and sending your currency, cancellation documentation and original receipt to us by insured postal delivery to the address given below or by visiting any of our pick up branches listed on our website. The Change Group will not be liable for any costs incurred for using this service and postage will not be reimbursed.
Option 2: If you have not yet collected your currency form your designated ChangeGroup branch:
If you have not yet collected your currency from your designated ChangeGroup branch, you can still use our "Travel Money Refunds" service by contacting us and forwarding your cancellation documentation by email, insured postal delivery or by visiting your designated collection branch.
Option 3: If you have not yet collected your currency form your local participating post office:
If you have not yet collected your currency from your local participating post office, you will need to do so before using our "Travel Money Refunds" service. Once you have collected your currency, follow the details explained in option 1 above.
Once your form, currency & cancellation documentation is received you will be contacted within the next business day to confirm receipt and we will process your transaction and refund the bank account where the original purchase was made.
Travel Money Online Refund Service
The Change Group Helsinki OY
- The "Travel Money Refunds" service may be withdrawn at any time without notice and without liability.
- Refunds are available on all online foreign currency purchases from The Change Group Helsinki Oy.
- Refunds only apply to foreign currency cash transactions, purchased online.
- Refunds exclude any other charges that may have been incurred by you at the time of the original purchase.
- Customers must provide the order number, travel cancellation documentation (official notification from your travel provider), and original currency purchased at the time of requesting a refund.
- A refund will only be given if the full amount of currency purchased at the exchange rate applied to the original purchase. You will not be able to obtain a refund if you return only part of the original transaction.
- Refunds must be claimed no later than 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Customers must keep proof of postage. The Change Group Helsinki Oy will not accept responsibility for failure of the postal service to deliver the travel cancellation documentation and foreign currency you send to us.
- Currency refunds will be settled back to your bank account used when making the original purchase.
- We will refund currency bank notes using the same exchange rate which was used for the original purchase.
- Refunds are only obtainable by the original purchaser.
- A refund will only be given where a holiday or flight has been cancelled due to the following circumstances: industrial strike action, natural disaster, advisory notice from the Foreign Office not to travel, tour operator or airline insolvency, a health alert in the country you intend to travel to, severe adverse weather conditions (e.g. ash cloud) preventing travel and other reasons at the discretion of The Change Group Helsinki Oy.
- The refund offer does not affect your statutory rights.
- The decision of The Change Group Helsinki Oy is final, and binding and no further correspondence will be entered into.
12. Buy-Back Guarantee
When you place your order, you will be given the option whether you want to purchase our "Buy-Back Guarantee" service for only 6,95€ per order. Our Buy-Back Guarantee offer saves you money by securing the rate, for returning any leftover travel money to us. There is no commission levied when you return your currency if you opt for this service. On your return to Finland you can visit any of our branches and leave the leftover travel money with us and we will credit your bank account. You can also print this form and send it with your leftover travel money and original receipt to our customer services via insured post using the address:
Travel Money Online Buy-Back Service
The Change Group Helsinki Oy
On this option we will also credit your bank account.
- Maximum return amount of currency 200,00€
- Buy-Back Protection transactions must be completed within 21 days of the original transaction.
- Buy-Back protection is only available to ChangeGroup customers transacting within Finland.
- If you select Buy-Back Protection, a fee of 6,95€ will be applied and shown in your shopping cart or order summary.
- Only one Buy-Back Protection transaction can be completed in relation to each original currency order.
- Buy-Back Protection may be withdrawn at any time without notice and without liability to you. If we revise these terms, we will post the revised version on our website fi.changegroup.com. By placing an order after these terms have been changed, you will be accepting the revised terms.
- Change Group Helsinki Oy will not be liable for any costs incurred for using this service and postage will not be reimbursed.
13. Rate Alert
How it works:
Our currency Rate Alert is a simple, easy and hassle-free service. Simply enter your e-mail address, the exchange rate you wish it to reach, and an e-mail alert will be sent to you. Please note that this is an alert service only and not an agreement to buy or sell currency or an advisory service.
- There is no obligation to trade if your target rate is reached and an e-mail alert is received by you.
- By clicking "submit" you agree to our terms and conditions.
When you return to Finland, you can change your left-over foreign currency at any of our branches in Finland, commission free, upon production of the original transaction receipt. You can also use our "Returns" service by printing off this form and sending it with your left-over currency and the original receipt to us via insured postal delivery to:
Travel Money Online Returns Service
The Change Group Helsinki Oy
to credit your bank account or visit one of our branches and where we will convert your leftover currency back to Euro.
Once your "Returns" form, is received by Post, we will contact you by the next business day to confirm receipt and we will process your transaction and refund the bank account where the original purchase was made.
The currency "Returns" service is subject to the prevailing rate of exchange on the day the currency is received.
- The "Returns" service must be completed within 30 days of the original transaction.
- The "Returns" service is only available to ChangeGroup customers transacting within Finland.
- We will only buy back commission free up to the value of the original currency purchase.
- The Change Group Helsinki Oy will not be liable for any costs incurred for use of this service and postage will not be reimbursed.
- The "Returns" service may be withdrawn at any time without notice and without liability to you. If we revise these terms, we will post the revised version on our website fi.changegroup.com. By placing an order after these terms have been changed, you will be accepting the revised terms.
15. Cancellations and Refunds
- Once you have entered into a contract with us by purchasing your foreign currency, your order cannot be cancelled without incurring an administration fee of 50,00 € or 10% of the purchase order (whichever is greater).
- An order can be cancelled prior to dispatch or, if the order has already been dispatched to either your local participating Post Office or a designated ChangeGroup branch, it must be picked up, opened and returned under the terms of our "Returns" service as explained in section 14.
- In order to cancel your order, you will need to contact us as quickly as possible our customer service via email at email@example.com
- The order will only be refunded to the same bank account that you used to make the original transaction. This process may take up to 3 working days.
- ChangeGroup reserves the right to cancel any order at any time, for any reason, at our absolute discretion. If you are in breach of these terms and conditions you will be liable for any losses that we may incur in this regard. We may also retain any or all of the funds received, and details given to us if required to do so by law or pursuant to any competent government, official or regulatory body. ChangeGroup has no control over this and we accept no liability.
16. Validation checks
All validation checks are completed by Checkout Finland Oy while processing your payment. This will be done under the terms & conditions of Checkout Finland Oy.
17. Exclusion of warranties limitation of liability
- ChangeGroup excludes itself from any and all liability, for any claim by a customer, if the customer is in breach of the terms and conditions of this service. Any valid claim against ChangeGroup will be restricted to the Euro amount of any currency order. By using this service, you confirm that this is the maximum amount of any claim that may be lodged against ChangeGroup.
- ChangeGroup will not be liable to any customer for any losses suffered due to any action or inaction on the part of ChangeGroup or resulting in loss of profits, indirect losses, loss of business gains, savings, other costs or benefits that may be lost or incurred. ChangeGroup is not liable for the omissions or commissions of any act by third party involved in the transaction. All implied conditions and terms are excluded to the maximum extent available under law.
- ChangeGroup shall not be liable if we are unable to process any transaction or fulfil our obligations under these terms directly or indirectly due to the failure of any third party involved in the transaction.
- All conditions, warranties and remedies imposed or implied by any applicable law are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
18. Customers’ Liability
The customer shall keep ChangeGroup indemnified in respect of all costs, claims, and losses that we may incur in course of processing the customer’s order. The customer will be liable for and will indemnify ChangeGroup against all or any costs, losses or liabilities we may incur while processing or as a result of processing your order. This includes any costs, losses or liabilities we may incur with currency dealers, banks, payment processors or other institutions. We will claim interest on all overdue amounts at a rate of 4% over the rate at which our banks lend to us.
19. Personal Information & Security
None of the information provided in connection with this service constitutes, nor should it be construed as the provision of financial advice. ChangeGroup provides information using all reasonable endeavors to achieve accuracy, but this cannot be guaranteed. ChangeGroup therefore does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided and excludes any implied warranty, where it relates to exchange rates, market prices and data. Neither ChangeGroup, nor any entity from which it receives information shall be liable for any investment or other decisions made based on the information provided.
21. Variations of these Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time and ChangeGroup reserves the right to make these changes at any time without notice. Before placing an order, we recommend that you read these Terms and Conditions in full. Your continued use of this service after these changes constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified.
ChangeGroup uses reasonable care and skill in providing this service. However, should you have any complaints about the provision of this service, please contact Customer Services as detailed in the "Contact us" section 27 below.
23. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions and any disputes or claims arising in connection with them are governed by and construed in accordance with Finnish Law. Any dispute arising from the service shall be resolved exclusively in the Finnish Courts.
If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid, then the remainder of the agreement will remain in effect.
25. Transferring this agreement
We may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement, or we may arrange for any other person to carry out our rights and duties under this agreement. We may change the provider of the collection service to any other person or organization that we deem fit without prior notice or compensation.
26. Website maintenance
Our site will run routine maintenance updates between the hours of 00:30 hours and 04:00 hours which may prevent you from placing orders.
27. Contact us
If you want to contact us regarding your order, you can contact our customer service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address:
Travel Money Online
The Change Group Helsinki Oy